Tuesday, November 23, 2010

ProHDR app for iPhone: is it better than the built-in iPhone 4 HDR

ProHDR is not an alternative to the built-in iPhone 4 camera HDR, this app is better and I can prove it. If you don't have this app you simply don't have pure HDR. I find that iPhone 4 built-in HDR is just not warm enough, the colours are blown out leaving them white with a haze in the air on overcast days, the ProHDR app delivers rich put HDR pictures that are warm with high contrast. These levels include adjusting contrast and brightness with hue saturation and warmth. These features are what gives you a crisp image. The pics are so good that I don't want to edit then further, I love ProHDR simply for the usability, there are two modes, shoot an automatic shot or manual HDR shot. These modes both need a tripod for best results, however if you don't have a tripod I suggest using automatic mode. So you might ask what's HDR ? High dynamic range meaning the app takes two pics. One with focusing on the light ares of the shot and the other focusing on the dark areas then the app merges these two images giving you a perfect shot with rich colours and high contract and everything in focus. I've tested these two apps and here is my proof:

Test1: iPhone built-in HDR



Test 2: ProHDR app



I made this image a little warm just to show the effects possible. But it's easy to see which app wins.


Final impression: ProHDR app is my favorite camera app on the market and I don't think it will hold out for long, there are many more choices arriving in the near future so stay updated. Let's hope they update soon with better features - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Zen Dr,Dolphin Coast,South Africa


0 comments:

Post a Comment

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger